Just as every life is exceptional, every memorial can be celebrated in a personal way. Whether you desire a ceremony that is formal or casual, traditional or contemporary, religious or humanistic, we will assist in creating a meaningful gathering. We will also help you coordinate all the necessary details, from format and location to meaningful items you may want displayed.
There are countless ways to honor a loved one that will have special meaning to your family and friends. Think about their favorite music, a special location, their hobbies, or a theme you might want to carry throughout a ceremony
Some examples and ideas are listed below:
For the avid gardener:
- Hold an outdoor memorial service at a garden or a park
- Display cuttings of favorite flowers and plants
- Place a gardening hat and gloves next to the register book
- Give guests seed packets of your loved one's favorite flowers to plant in their own gardens
For the firefighter:
- Instead of flowers on the casket, put a fire hat and boots on top of the casket for the ceremony
- Take the casket to the cemetery on the back of a fire truck
For the chef:
- Host a private reception and serve some of your loved one's favorite foods, and share the recipes with guests
- Show a video tribute that includes photographs of your loved one cooking
- Put out some personal items on a table at the service, such as a favorite cookbook
For the collector:
- Display some of the items your loved one collected
- Give friends and family some of these items as keepsakes
Drape handmade quilts over seatbacks for the quilter. Place a large bowl of golf balls by the register book and invite visitors to take one to remember the golfer. Use a casket that can be written on, and ask visitors to write their own special messages on it – this can often be a helpful healing technique for children and teens
Our experienced, thoughtful and caring staff will help you plan a gathering as unique as your loved one. Bliley’s – Celebrating Every Life.
For more information about our services, see the “What Bliley’s Offers”.