To-Do List – Funeral Arrangements at Bliley’s
What should I do when my loved one has died and I have questions that need immediate answers?
- Call us. We have a Licensed Funeral Director on staff at ALL times (24 hours a day/ 7 days a week) to respond immediately to any of your questions and/or needs.
What should I bring to the Arrangement conference?
- A Picture of your loved one
- Clothing (even if your loved one will be cremated)
- Personal Information
- Full Name
- Social Security Number
- Birth Date
- Parents Names (including Mother’s Maiden Name)
- Military Discharge Papers (for Veterans)
- Questions – we are here to answer any question you might have
What happens during the arrangement process?
- You will meet with our Licensed Funeral Professional Staff to discuss and arrange all details relating to the Final Services of your loved one.
- This person will oversee all details for the funeral service ranging from traditional burial to the contemporary (examples include):
- Confirming Funeral Service times
- Selecting/Confirming Clergy for the Service
- Placement of the Obituary Notice in Local and Out-of-Town Papers
- Confirming Information with the selected Cemetery
- Arranging Military Honors (if applicable)
- Arranging for a Catered Reception if you choose (after the service or in-between a visitation)
- Ordering a Police Escort Detail for all Funerals with a formal procession
- Selecting all needed Funeral Merchandise
- Arranging all special details of the Visitation and/or Ceremony
- For families selecting Cremation, we work to ensure you that all parts of the Cremation Process are done as professionally and expeditiously as possible
- We coordinate a time for you to have a private viewing or required identification
Always feel free to ask us questions – we want you and your family to feel certain about all the choices you have made regarding funeral arrangements.